The Basics Of Acne Care
Acne has always been known as a teenager's nightmare. Sadly, as if often the case, this skin disorder characterized by pimples and other pustular eruptions which become manifest on the face extends well beyond puberty. Acne has also become a problem for people in their 20s, and even those who are already in their 30s. This why the basics of acne care is a much sought-after piece of information.
Though acne is more prevalent during the earlier part of our second decade of existence, acne care should be observed as early as possible. Indeed, this article is all about acne care, which presumes the fact that acne has already erupted. Acne care, after all, is different from acne prevention.
Once pus-filled inflammations are observed on the face or even the neck area, such is a telltale sign that acne has broken out. The first thing you have to remember is not to panic. Regardless of the aesthetic chaos this may cause, you have to remember that it is just acne. There's a way to cure the same.
Here are some guidelines for proper, and healthy, acne care.
- Acne cannot be avoided, though its occurrence can be minimized. Once acne breaks out, consider it as a sign that you should practice more careful and specific acne care procedures to avoid aggravating the eruption.
- Do not attempt to prick the inflammations. As much as possible, do not rub them or touch them to avoid irritation. Acne can be very itchy at times, and it will require much discipline not to give in to the temptation of scratching them.
- Always keep your face clean. This is essential for acne prevention, and it is doubly essential for acne care. Acne results from the buildup of oil within the layers of the skin. By keeping your face clean, you'd be able to prevent such buildup of unnecessary oil as well the accumulation of dirt in between the aforementioned layers. Also, once acne breaks out, your skin would be more sensitive to dirt, hence the increased need to clean your face.
- There are countless creams and liquids that are offered over-the-counter to aid in acne care. These have the best of intentions for your acne problems. But make sure that they do not contain any hypoallergenic substances that may trigger, or aggravate, existing allergies on your part. If you have experienced symptoms associated with allergies but you don't know what causes the same, try to consult with a doctor before availing of these acne care products.
- Avoid using cosmetics while there is an acne breakout. Cosmetics can contain substances that might irritate the inflammations and cause further explosions.
Some of these tips may be a little difficult to comply with. But acne care entails sacrifices. Is this the price of beauty? Not really, as acne care is all about your total wellbeing and not just the aesthetic aspect of it.